PUBLIC CONSULTATION & ENGAGEMENT:
- Consideration for people in the community who are impacted by the decisions made at City Hall
- Reach out to the public in ways that are convenient for them, especially for families and seniors.
- Host some Council Meetings and Public Hearings in different Vancouver neighbourhoods.
- Promote Council Meetings and agenda items on social media, in addition to print and mail.
- Create a mentorship program for younger generations interested in civic government.
- Establish a civic advisory committee, with a mandate to improve consultation and engagement
- Require all meetings to be accessible, considering persons with disabilities and in proximity to public transportation.
Melissa De Genova is a community leader, a mom and the first millennial ever elected to Vancouver City Council. She is running for re-election in the October, 2018 Civic election. Melissa has over 15 years of experience working in land-use and housing development. She works with a non-profit organization to create and secure affordable housing for seniors, persons with disabilities and their families throughout BC. In 2016, Business in Vancouver recognized Melissa on their “Forty under 40” list for her leadership in creating affordable housing. Her campaign is driven by her commitment to build a family friendly city. Find out more about Melissa De Genova, and her campaign for re-election degenovaforvancouver.com